Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I did a lot this week! But there is still tons more!

All I can say is what the title up above has declared.  We got so many things done last week and that is one of the reasons why I haven't been able to post anything.  So as of last Monday we made it our goal to finish a few of the projects we had started some time ago.  The first was making a set of Halloween fabric pumpkins.   We did some Fall ones last time as you can see below but we wanted so spooky ones too!

We had some of this fancy Halloween fabric leftover from last year so we thought we'd put it to good use.  You will have to forgive my pics, they aren't the greatest with this camera.
Fancy Shmancy!

By the time we were done all the pumpkins had stems and were happy as can be!

As I said before Gracie loves to name everything so she named this one Trudy.  I don't know where she got the name but then again she's like that.  She named our freshwater crab Crabby Martin, go figure. 

The second thing on our list was to finish our Halloween quilt that we started last month.  I had this thought to a gathered patchwork quilt so it would be nice and fluffy.  So I know this isn't usually done but I got my serger out serged the sucker.  I set my machine to gather it and sewed all my patchwork squares together.  I added a border, free motioned quilted around the border and did X's through the middle of the patchwork squares.  This is what I got!

Pretty cute! My son absolutely adores it.

I don't know if you can see it but in the corner I wrote Boo.  I did trick or treat in one, Spooky in another and last but not least Happy Halloween.  I wanted to try a fold over binding because I had never done that before and this was going to be our quilt so I wasn't too worried about how it was going to look in the end.  It's backed in a flannel backing and I couldn't figure out how to do the mitered corners this way so I gave up and and made it as tidy as I could.  All in all I like it but I would rather do my regular borders in the end.

As if that wasn't enough for us we decided now was the time to purchase 11 pounds of pears and can them for the winter.  My local grocery store had them on sale for only $.39 cents a pound, who could resist!  We got to peeling, coring, and wedging, I think by that evening my hands felt like I had been crocheting non stop for hours.  Needless to say we are now set for the winter.




We also had a little bit of time to make some refrigerator magnets, which Gracie really enjoyed helping with.  I'm not going to tell you too much about them because I want to write up a little tutorial on them for those who would like to make some.  But here is a sneak peak!

Gracie loves doing what ever I am doing. I can't wait until she is old enough to learn how to sew!


Last but not least, our house.  I finally got the house dusted, vacuumed, swept, mopped, sorted, recycled, and decorated.  I also have to thank my dear hubby Ryan for rug doctoring our living room and dining area, it really needed it!  I'm not going to show you that one because who needs to see us in our grubbies trying to overhaul a dirty house.  Let's just say we are good to go for a couple of weeks!  Tune in later because I want to show you how to make those nifty fabric button magnets.  They make great stocking stuffers!

Thank you and Good night to all!

4 comments:

  1. YOur pumpkins are adorable, is there a link or tutorial?

    Wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Madame Samm and Des!

    I would like to say wow to Des! You are such a lucky lady to have some really great friends to do those trips with. I wish I could do that but my girlfriends don't sew, sew I will wait until I find some! I am a follower with Quilt Taffy, a Babylock subscriber, and of course a member here! Thank you so much for the giveaway Maname Samm and good luck to everyone!


    HI my dear..you are on no reply blogger...I know who you are...sew I included you in today..

    All comments made on this BLOG and my other at Sew WE Quilt are automatically sent into my inbox, ( which is why you get replies from me) if you don't hear from me, I am not ignoring you, I just can't reach you).If you have the correct settings in your Blogger profile, your email address comes with it, allowing me to reply directly to you via email. If your settings aren't correct, you are a no-reply blogger, and I have no way of contacting you.
    In blogger.com, click on Dashboard.
    Select Edit Profile.
    Check the box for "Show my Email Address."
    Save changes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pumpkins - really, really cute. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Those are so fantastic! I love them! :)

    ReplyDelete